GANGTOK NORTH SIKKIM TOUR PLAN
The wonderful journey to the Indian Swiss will begin after we meet and greet at Gangtok. But, we can also pick you up directly from NJP or Bagdogra if you require that.
Furthermore, we'll proceed towards Lachen via NH 31A in our comfortable private car which will take 6 hours. (130 KM) And, while travelling towards Lachen we'll stop at some incredible spots mentioned in the following;
Tashi View Point: This spot will be a kick start to a delightful journey as you're going to bless your eyes with the paranoid view of Mt.Kanchenjunga from this famous viewpoint which was built by Tashi Namgyal.
Kabi Longstok: This is the tourist hotspot where a treaty between Lepcha Chief Te-Kung-Tek and the Bhutia Chief They-Bum-Sar was signed. As a symbol of the treaty, you can find a stone pillar. It is a historic place that you'll cherish for your life.
Seven Sister Waterfalls: The name of this waterfall attains as it propels its descent in seven stages, located 31km from Gangtok. Here, you can uncover a shed and cafe, which is specially set by the Tourism Department of Sikkim for tourists to savour the pristine charm of nature. Besides, in autumn the waterfall attains full force and will provide the best view.
Naga Waterfalls: This glorious waterfall has been made by the confluence of rivers Lachen-Chu and Lachung-Chu at Chungthang. Being a perennial waterfall in nature, this waterfall mesmerises your eyes with scenic beauty. Moreover, while passing the route of your North Sikkim Tour 2 Nights 3 Days from Gangtok via this waterfall you'll also come across other two waterfalls-Bhim Nala & the Twin Waterfalls along with the glamorous Teesta river which will follow you all the way.
After the exhilarating first day, you'll have your delicious lunch at Namok. Then, you'll reach Lachen around evening and freshen up. At night, after having dinner you'll draw into a dream at the deluxe hotel.
The next day of your North Sikkim Tour from Gangtok will be the most memorable one as today you're going to enjoy your excursion to Gurudongmar Lake.
In the morning after having a flavorful breakfast we'll reach towards our anticipated Gurudongmar Lake Tour!
It'll take around 3 hrs from Lachen to reach this glittering Lake. (65km)
However, you must know the core value of the lake for a meaningful journey which is mentioned in the following-
● It is one of the sacred lakes of Sikkim which is believed by Buddhists and Hindus alike.
● Gurudongmar Lake is located at a height of 5,154m above the sea.
● This beautiful lake remains milky in colour throughout the year.
● As the water of this lake remains frozen throughout the year, its water is not drinkable.
● As per the locals, the residents discovered this lake when Guru Padmasambhava passed by this area from Tibet.
● Locals think this lake is blessed as it's being touched by Guru Padmasambhava himself.
● That touched part of the lake to consider a miracle portion as it never intended to freeze even with a chilling cold of about -20°C.
● Locals near the place believe in the magic of the lake and said that drinking this water of the lake can help resolve fertility issues of women.
● You can tie a ribbon on the sight of the lake and make a wish as it's also considered a 'wish lake'.
Furthermore, after this memorable journey, you'll reach your hotel at Lachen and have your flavourful lunch. Then, we'll check out from the hotel and transfer to Lachung. Moreover, you'll reach Lachung within a few hours and stay overnight at the deluxe hotel we arranged.
The last day of your journey will end up with the most amazing sightseeing spots of North Sikkim Tour 2 Nights 3 Days from Gangtok, and it will undoubtedly be one of the best parts of your North Sikkim tour Package !
After waking up at your luxurious Lachung hotel, you'll have your lip-smacking breakfast then we'll drive towards the first destination, Yumthang valley which will take 1.5 hours to reach.
So, before stopping by this enticing valley, let's know some exotic facts about it which will boost more fun to your trip;
● This valley is covered with snow in Winter and Rhododendron during Summer (May).
● Also known as the 'Valley of flowers, it is located at an altitude of 11800ft.
● The famous Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary is one of the reasons to visit Yumthang valley, where you have the essence of over 24 species of Rhododendron shrubs and trees along with ground flora and other vegetation.
● The Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary will also provide you with an eye-catching view of the Yumthang river, spread over 43 sq km by adjoining Lachung and Yumthang.
Moreover, with an extra charge and permit, you can also visit Zero point which is one of the attractions of this place.
Zero point is one of the best tourist fav spots of North Sikkim which is surrounded by glorious mountains and valleys, the mesmerising view of the place will be captured in your mind forever!
However, as it is the last civilization spot before the Chinese border you must get through the following facts before visiting it;
● It is located at an altitude of 15000 ft so if you're someone or have someone in your group who has breathing problems, you must avoid this place.
● The best time for visiting Zero Point must be from April to June.
● You can't go beyond Zero Point as it is close to the Indo-China border.
● This place is also known as 'Yume Samdong' among the locals.
● A permit called the Protected Area Permit (PAP) is needed to visit Zero Point, which you can get from the Tourism Office of Gangtok, the District Administrative Center at Mangan or the Sub-Divisional Magistrate’s Office at Chungthang.
● You must carry your warm clothes for visiting this place as Zero Point has a sub-zero temperature.
● You can rent a pair of snow overcoats, boots and gloves from Zero point for an extra fee, approximately 100 rupees.
● ATMs are not available at Zero Point so make sure to carry proper cash.
● You must need Sikkim Government registered vehicles to visit Zero Point.
After this exhausting fun tour, you'll have a delightful lunch at your Lachung hotel and then you'll be transferred to Gangtok with a heavy heart.
We will part our ways from Gangtok with uncountable sweet memories of a lifetime!
GANGTOK TO NORTH SIKKIM DISTANCE
|From||To||Road Distance||Tentative Time|
|NJP Rly Station||Gangtok (via NH10)||116.1 km||4 hr 28 min|
|Bagdogra||Gangtok (via NH10)||122.2 km||4 hr 29 min|
|Gangtok||Lachen (via Gangtok-Chungthang Rd)||114.0 km||4 hr 38 min|
|Lachen||Lachung ( via Lachen Rd)||46.9 km||1 hr 51 min|
|Lachung||Yumthang||25.1 km||1 hr 20 min|
|Lachung||Gangtok (via Singtam - Chungthang Rd)||115.7 km||4 hr 22 min|
|Gangtok||Pelling (via NH10)||129.6 km||4 hr 27 min|
How to Reach North Sikkim from Kolkata by Train: Available Trains, Timing, From Sealdah/Howarh
|Train No||Train Name||Dep. Stn||Arr. Stn||Dep. Time||Arr. Time||Frequency|
|12343||Darjeeling Mail||Sealdah (SDAH)||New Jalpaiguri Jn (NJP)||22:05||08:15||Daily|
|12377||Padatik Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||New Jalpaiguri Jn (NJP)||23:00||09:15||Daily|
|13149||Kanchan Kanya Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||New Mal Jn(NMZ)||20:30||09:31||Daily|
|13147||UttarBanga Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||Falakata (FLK)||19:35||08:38||Daily|
|13141||Teesta Torsa Express||Sealdah (SDAH)||New Maynaguri (NMX)||13:40||04:22||Daily|
|12345||SaraiGhat Express||Howrah (HWH)||New Jalpaiguri (NJP)||15:50||01:40||Daily|
|12517||Garib Rath||Kolkata (KOOA)||New Jalpaiguri (NJP)||21:40||07:45||Sun,Thu|
OTHER NORTH SIKKIM TOUR PACKAGES: